Announcements & News
- Published in Announcements
- on 11/20/2017
There will be (2) two vacancies on council soon and the Village Council plans to appoint the council members during the January meeting. We want to give residents an opportunity to be considered for the position. Included in this newsletter is a questionnaire to complete indicating your interest in becoming a council member.
According to the Ohio Revised Code, the legislative authority of the village rests in its council. Most powers and duties of the village council are set forth in Ohio Revised Code Chapters 705, 731, and 733. Below is information on the qualifications, commitment and process.
• Must have resided in the village one year immediately preceding the appointment
• Be a registered voter of the village
• Attend monthly council meetings (2nd Monday of each month)
• Attend special council meetings (as needed)
• Serve on village committee(s) as leader or member
•Complete questionnaire and submit to a council
member or drop off at municipal building for consideration by MONDAY, JANUARY 8.
• Meet with council for interview